Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Little Tender Merceies

This past week has been a HUGE blessing. I was able to shake Elder Robert D Hales hand. which is something that at the time I took for granted bug time!!! I have had the opportunity to meet plenty of "bug names" in the church. And for the past little while have been acting like it was no big deal. while others from out of the state of Utah were saying how badly they wish that they could meet the people that i have been blessed to be in the presence of. One girl in particular commented every time on how lucky I was. Later that day I found out that a dear friend of mine has cancer. It happened to be the girl that kept commenting on my face book page. This hit me so hard. Why was i being so blessed when my friend, a 17 year old girl in her Senior year of high school was now going through treatment for leukemia. and would be for the next 2 years. why was she there and I here? we shared a lot in common when we lived near each other, we even found out that we are related. And now two and a half years later she has cancer. i would give anything to see her right now. but have no way to do so because she is in Minnesota and i am here in Utah.

Later this week i found out that another one of my friends is going through a really difficult time right now. I wont say what it is but she is very strong because she is trying to make things right! she is suck a blessing to me.

that night i didn't know if i could handle anymore bad new for the week..not that all of it was bad but it was a lot of stressful news that's for sure. then i realized that my best friend just gave up a relationship with and amazing guy. She was totally happy with him and everyone approved of him. in fact i was so excited for them i thought for sure that they would be getting married within the nest year. and from what i understand so did they. But because they were having a bad feeling about continuing their relationship they called it off. Which is something that i cant even imagine doing or even imagine how hard it was for her. She has been such a blessing in my life and I really cant wait for the day that she gets married because she deserves to be so happy. she is my best friend and sister i don't know where i would be with out her in my life today.

these three girls have become my hero's this week. they have taught me amazing lessons. ones that i couldn't have ever learned with out them. I'm so thankful that the Lord has placed all three of them in my life. I am forever grateful for these girls and many many others. The Lord is looking out for us and he loves us! I know that if we rely on him we will be able to get through the worst. WE ARE LOVED! if only we could remember that.

Revelations 7:14-17
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came aout of great btribulation, and have cwashed their robes, and made them dwhite in the eblood of the fLamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his atemple: and he that bsitteth on the throne shall cdwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither athirst any more; neither shall the bsun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of awaters: and God shall wipe away all btears from their eyes.

No comments: