Sunday, July 11, 2010

the power of the spirit

I gave a talk in church today. When brother Jones announced my topic i didn't stick to the topic as well as i had though and my thoughts quickly went to how can i revise this to work for what they wanted? I slowly stood and gave the talk that i had prepared. The entire time i was praying and begging the father to let the spirit guide me through my talk and let it touch someone. Then i had the thought remember how strong the spirit was as you wrote it? It will still be there. none the less i still stood there begging the father to help me. As i sat down I felt that i had failed i had been asked to talk on one topic and i had only touched on it. then with tears stuck in his eyes brother Jones said that was just what was needed. and so did many others. granted there were the few who would rather put me down then say nothing at all but for the first time i felt want it was truly like to be the Lord servant and be used to help those around me in ways that i can't imagine. I am so thank for this experience and for my father who listen to his little girl plead with him even though he had already answered her prayer and comforted her in the way she needed even though he could have just put peace in her he gave her so much more. I Love this church!

1 comment:

Ash Att said...

I love that you blogged about this. The church is so great. And I bet you did an awesome job! Is
Brother Call still the bishop? i feel like i need to come visit the ward, i kind of miss it. If i do, can i come sit by you? I hope your having a great day! Your so great!