Thursday, April 9, 2009

Finding My Faith and Using It


Today has been very interesting. Normally I'm loving Thursdays. And not that today was a totally bad day but it wasn't the best. Normally I start my Thursday with going to the temple and doing baptisms for the bead. (If you don't know what that is just ask an ill explain) I cant ever think of a better way to start out my day. However today I wasn't able to go due to the fact that on Wednesday I was diagnosed with Pink eye and a lung infection. I got more sleep then normal which I'm sure helped me since I'm sick and all but i really missed that break that i get when i go to the temple. Then later today when i would normally go to to the MTC and volunteer for teaching appointments i decided to stay at the institute for a conference with some evangelical Christians that came to talk to us and give us a better chance for us to understand their religion and for them to understand ours. This was an Amazing experience! I learned so much about my own faith while I was learning about others. While i was talking to one of the girls that I was talking to she disagreed with one of the things that i believe to be true. I am so glad that she did too because as she was doing so i had this question cross my brain. "Do I really believe what i just told her that i believed?" the answer is yes but if i hadn't have had this experience i don't know if i would have ever asked that question to myself for a while. This however would be the set up for my day even hours after I had left the conference and my new friends. Recently I have had the feeling that I needed to do a few things to prepare me for the future. one problem came of it today. I have worked my rear end off giving myself two options. and today it hit me. One of the options i will be finding out soon as to what happens with it. the other wont be a while. others have already heard from the first one and i haven't. It hit me that I might not have either of my choices for next year. in which case I have no idea what i will be doing with my life for now which i don't like because i know that I was supposed to do what i have been doing to change my life and plan out the future and I have been feeling really good about it but just today i had the feeling that it could all fall through! This left me in tears. I am glad that I was able to go to the conference because it reminded me that i needed to use my faith! Which i am trying to do right now. proverbs 3:5-6 please pray for me! My friend Lacey made a good point I was telling the lord what to do and not let him direct my life. That is what i am willing to do so i am just going to have to do it.

No comments: