Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm Pleading!!!

Lately I have a few friends that have been having problems mostly with self-esteem. They have been make extreme decisions trying to make things better for them. Only making them feel worse about them selves. I sit and watch them do these things to themselves and as they get hurt more and more try to help them in anyway that I can, but I haven't been making much good. i want them to know that they are amazing girls and don't need to go searching for things to make them happy. They have it all already with in them! They are daughters of God. Princesses and deserve to be treated as such! They have so much worth if they could only see what I see in them or even better what their Father in Heaven sees in them. I would give anything to make things better for them.

My friend Lyndsi Bromley wrote a song called "Stop" It is probably one on my favorite songs that she has ever written. It applies here she says things better then I could. I have added a video of her singing it. Listen to the words. Know that you are loved and that you deserve better then someone that puts you down all the time, better then someone that makes you feel lower then dirt. You are a daughter of God and you deserve to be treated like one! Please don't settle for anything less! You are a Daughter of a King. Don't allow anyone to tell you or treat you otherwise! I love you.


Lyrics:
There are so many songs
that I never wanted to sing
because they're born
in a sad dark part of me.
I try to Shut it down
to quite the sound of my heart
begging to say

will you stop
you cant keep going on this way
please cant you see I'm pleading
someone would you find a way
from everything so cold and dim
I don't know how to fix this right now
but please just stop

stop looking in the mirror
and hating what you see
stop believe that all you get
is what you can see
stop living like you never be enough
to ever be someone

will you stop
you cant keeping going on this way
stop listening
to what those stupid voices say
you dont need to tuck and paint
and hide away all the things
that make you beautiful in every way

don't let fear and failure
stand in your way
everything will be okay
(just let go of you mistakes)
because you know you have got to know
that there is always a way
to


stop living this way
your heart is pleading
you will find a way
you don't need someone
to take away this pain
because you have the strength
to stop

1 comment:

Holly E. Ferrin said...

Hey Char, I really liked what you had to say, and thanks for posting the lyrics to Lyndsi's song. Its a great reminder - so, thanks girlie.

~Holls