Monday, July 25, 2011

You've got a Friend in me.

So I have a a fun couple of days. I had surgery on a tendon in my right foot (yes I too am praying that this is the last one for a while) I realized that when I am recovering for a surgery I'm almost always on Facebook. So I decided to deactivate my account while I am recovering so that I don't get more addicted to it than i already am and so that I could hopefully stop getting on it all the time.

About a day and a half into my recovery I was regretting deactivating my Facebook because I am stuck in bed and I was honestly getting lonely. I felt like no one really knew what was going on but that it wasn't there fault it was mine because I didn't have a Facebook.

Then a good friend of mine visited me today. We were talking about how bad I had gotten just checking on people by reading their statuses on Facebook and somehow had believe that that was enough. Then I sat back and said but now I know who is really trying to be my friend because they have contacted me to see how I'm doing or have stopped by.

It shows so much more that they truly care. That is my goal to be more in touch honestly with people i am going to be there in others lives and not just on their Facebook's looking at their status.

No comments: