Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The reason why men aren't getting married!

So I got a phone call from a this guy, who has been in my institute class all summer.
I pick up the phone almost in shock that he even had my number to hear him tell me that there is this girl in our institute class that he wants to ask out and that I knew her. He tells me her name and such. And then tells me that it seemed like we were good friends when we left class today.

Well turns out I just met this girl today and we didn't talk very long. In fact I barley caught her
name I even had to ask him what color shirt she was wearing.

He then goes on to say he doesn't know how he is going to get her number (and im thinking really are you honestly THAT out of it that you don't know that you CAN talk to a person and get their number?)

I tell him that it would probably be best that he try and get it the old fashioned way. He then WHINES! that he isn't going to see her til Monday and that he wants to take her out THIS WEEKEND.

(At this point in my head I'm about dying of laughter and sheer shock that this kid honestly has no idea what he is doing. )

So I then go into "coach mode" and tell him to scope her out at the dance on Friday and to get it then, but IT WAS LIKE I WAS SPEAKING GERMAN TO THIS KID. I honestly had to spell out every little detail about the dance because he was in his words "honestly clueless"...yet he garbed a wristband for it during class.

He ended the call by saying sorry to make this so awkward for you as if I had some big crush on him and was going to start to cry when he hang up or something and then with a fast good bye he hung up the phone... This sadly isn't the only time I've had this happen with some guy that I knew....And the brothern wonder why men are having problems getting married...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hm. I'm sorry to say, I'm not much better than that... I'm a bit of a chicken.

I will say, however, that I am that way because I choose to be, and I really doubt he is any different. It sounds to me he knows what he needs to do and is choosing to give into fear and helplessness instead.

Unknown said...

Hm. I'm sorry to say, I'm not much better than that... I'm a bit of a chicken.

I will say, however, that I am that way because I choose to be, and I really doubt he is any different. It sounds to me he knows what he needs to do and is choosing to give into fear and helplessness instead.