Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Remembering Gratitude Day # 14

Tonight as I was putting my nieces to bed I decided that it was my turn to pick the bed time story. I wanted to read them the giving tree but I couldn't find it anywhere. Instead I chose the book " You Are Special" which if you haven't read it (you should) but to sum it up the moral of the story is that what others thinks of you doesn't matter its what the Lord thinks of you that does. Because you are His, He made you and He doesn't make mistakes. So today with that in mind here is what I am grateful for.

Wednesday Aug 8, 2012
Today I'm grateful for;

  • The little things that seem to be falling into place. Last night I had the thought that I needed to go to the temple some time this week, however being busy this weekend and not wanting to go today I planned on going tomorrow. Then a friend sent me a text asking me to go with her today. I kinda said no at first, until I found out that I wouldn't be able to go on Thursday like a planned. So I sent her a text back and changed my answer. This was a blessing because with out her offering I wouldn't have had a way to get to the temple this week at all. 
  • Nieces; who remind you that you are never to old to play games and never to tired to sit and talk and make sure that those you love know it. 
  • Time alone at home. I was able to just be by myself and it made me not only want to move out but also to spend more time with just me. I like hanging out with me which I know is something that not a lot of people can say but I do it. Comes from having to spend so much time alone during my surgeries. I get along best with me.
  • Trials that remind me who I am and keep me humble so that I can be guided by my Father in Heaven and net just myself. 
  • Friends; whom are living righteous lives that are examples to me and help me to remember that following the spirit is the most important thing I can do right now. 
  • The temple for just being the greatest place that I can ever go. Greater than Disneyland (even though I can't really say cause I've never been there)
  • The Spirit that guides me and helps me to find more of who I am and where and what I am to do with this life. I am most grateful for this words can't describe why, I am speechless. But I am so thankful to have it in my life when I know so many others that don't 
My Friend Ann did  photo shoot for fun for me. Here is a preview of what will be on my music blog when it comes out in a few weeks.




No comments: